Sunday, June 3, 2018

reaction / review to GUN GALE ONLINE anime


Hello readers, welcome to my first Review/Reaction/Insight of whatever comes to my mind.


REACTION/REVIEW TO GUN GALE ONLINE GGO


GUN GALE ONLINE part of the SAO series or rather called the SWORD ART ONLINE ALTERNATIVE GUN GALE ONLINE or just GGO which started airing April 8 2018.



The series focus on the character named Karen Kohiruimaki, a girl who is self-conscious of herself due to her height. She was introduced to online gaming by her friend Miyu Shinohara who later joins her in the game.

Karen who is so conscious of her height chose to have a small cute version of herself for an in-game character and named her LENN who fashions a PINK colored version of the military camouflage uniform and armed herself with a P-90 which she calls P-chan and one of her in-game abilities is her super speed.

She was later known as the Pink Devil or the Pink Munchkin that became popular to other players as a Player Killer.

she later meets with other characters namely Pitohui a girl clad in black shape revealing suit, M a sniper and later her friend Miyu enters the game as Fukaziroh.

As someone who is not really a fan of the SWORD ART series this one gets my attention that it made me wait for each episode each week which is for now has eight (8) episodes and I think I am hoping that this series goes beyond 12 episodes (which what normal anime series goes these days)

I have seen a lot of anime with similar genre where characters tend to get introduced or has been playing online games just to escape the reality of the world. Which is the similar story layout of these kinds of genre.

The best of the series that I have watched with this kind of story has been .hack//sign which was the also the first of this genre that I have watched. And so far no one has become trapped in the game while playing or had any trouble logging out.
This is for another review.


For now GGO has given all I have expected in such genre (regardless of the fanservice which I normally wait in most anime series that I usually watch. The normal fanservice was replaced by the gunfights in each episode which got me hooked in the series also how each characters created total opposites of themselves from their reality to the VR world.

Some real life people do the same they escape reality by playing games, watching anime, western animation and other stuff just to escape the cruel reality that we live in. Creating another persona of themselves inside the online world. So i guess this is one of the reasons I got attracted to this series since I too once tried to escape reality and maybe even up to now I still try to escape reality.

Well with that I recommend this series to those who want to try new genre of anime, a bit different for those who are in to other genre also i don't think we will get any romantic story in this series.  Since so far i have not seen any that will lead to that.

There has been special mention of the SAO series and some of it's characters but were never named except that Pito was supposed to be in the game during the time when Kirito and the others got trapped. Surprisingly Pito was disappointed that she was not able to get in the game when she found out that it became a life threatening game. And now plays GGO in order to "die" according to M.

Very confusing character for Pito who wish to die and Lenn who plays the game who wish to gain friends. Two opposite characters in one game. So far for me the two characters are about to face each other in an event in the game so I am waiting as to how this will go since they have very different goals in life.

So far the character development of the main character Lenn/Karen is slowly and steadily growing in a way I wanted to, Karen being able to open up although in front of other players that she has met in real life and inside the game where she has learned how to face different opponents in various locations.

8 episodes in and i have not checked online as to how many this series will go but I am guessing around 12 or 13 and 1 or 2 OVA or special episodes I think.

Hopefully this series goes beyond 12 or 13 episodes and have them go head to head with some players from SAO who has been playing GGO as well.

Well time to wait and I will be back for another insight review of GGO maybe once the series is finished. 

The series is a mix of scifi, action, comedy catchy sound tracks.






pictures and video all from the internet (credits to the owners)


No comments:

Post a Comment